Full-Time LINUX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR/ DATA CENTER ENGINEER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are looking for a quick thinking problem solver who will be able to take initiative and provide complete solutions to both hardware and software problems for our data center.
The ideal candidate will have hands on hardware experience and good knowledge of Linux.
Previous experience in a hosting company, where he/she have been given the opportunity to physically interact with large datacenters and many servers, is a must.
Our servers are based in France. Therefore frequent travelling to Paris will be required in order to solve hardware problems and provide hands on technical solutions. (Travel expenses and accommodation are covered by Careerjet – a European driver licence is required – Also has to be flexible to travel within short notice)
The ideal person will enjoy dealing both with hardware and software and will be able to perform actions such as maintenance, repair, and upgrades both remotely from London and on site in Paris.
-In-depth knowledge of server hardware and technologies, including internal server architectures, processors, disk geometry, different types of disks
- Experience with server monitoring (MRTG / Xymon / Nagios)
- In-depth knowledge of Linux, in particular CentOS 5/6
- Experience with Redhat install methods (kickstart, pxe booting, network installs)
- Ability to produce and maintain RPM .spec files and maintain local YUM repository
- Ability to troubleshoot traffic issues using TCP packet sniffers (Wireshark/Ethereal)
- Fluent understanding of scripting languages (bash, awk, sed, and Perl)
- Experience with ext2/ext3/ext4 as well LVM
- Experience with BTRFS, OCFS2 and GFS2 a big plus
- Experience with Apache Web servers
- Experience with Tomcat Application server
- Experience with Exim Mail servers
- Familiarity with OpenVZ virtualization
- RHCE qualification preferred but not essential
- Experience with Dell and HP hardware a big plus
- Experience working with RPM packaging and Yum repository management
- Bilingual French/ English is essential
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus
- Annual pay raise scheme based on employee’s initiative, consciousness, and quality work
- Health Insurance scheme
- 25 working days of holidays
- Insight in search engine technology
- Multicultural awareness
Careerjet, a leading online job search engine, is looking for entrepreneurial, dynamic and innovative professionals to complete its international team. Based in Fulham London, our websites cover 100 countries in 28 languages.
Evolving in a fast paced industry, Careerjet is currently expanding its range of products and technologies towards exciting new activities.
Careerjet is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates
How to Apply
To apply: email@example.com
If you think you are the right candidate, send us your CV and a cover letter detailing the key skills and experiences that will make you the best applicant for this position.
For administrative purposes, ALL applicants please indicate on your e-mail whether you currently have the right to work in the UK
2751 total views, 3 today