Part-Time Linux/Unix Admin (Durham, NC, 6+ Months).
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Position: Linux/Unix Admin.
Location: Durham, NC.
Duration: 6+ months.
This position is responsible for a broad range of technical administration functions required to support application systems installed on a multi-tiered hardware and Operating System (Unix and NT).
Responsibilities include application support, troubleshooting and installation of all tiers (O/S, database, clients, application S/W and settings, etc).
In addition this role will be responsible for supporting tools and applications used by development teams such as automated test tools, source/version control tools, request management, etc.
This role will be responsible for establishing and documenting standard configuration settings for all layers of the technology stack.
This person will act as the “go to” person for troubleshooting some of the most complicated issues and mentoring other Application Administrators.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Troubleshoot complex technical issues at any/all level of the application technology stack.
• Rebuild and maintain Development and Test databases from copies of Production databases;
including password changes, changing database links, disabling application sockets and other environmental considerations to ensure the Production database is protected.
Capable of overseeing the rebuild process and troubleshooting issues.
• Participate in streamlining processes that support code migrations, environment set-ups, automated testing, script writing and troubleshooting.
• Migrate application code from the ”System Test” environment, install and verify in the production environment.
Install, configure and test 3rd party software products.
Maintain application, database and O/S Environment scripts.
• Create and maintain application ”Responsibilities,”
user access and all security elements within the application, which define the scope of functionality within each application that an end user will have access to.
• Create and run scripts and analyze data for load testing on various environments.
Capable of creating reports and trouble shooting and resolving test script issues.
• Knowledge of the technical aspects of hardware/software subject matter.
• Troubleshooting skills.
• Communication skills.
• Mentoring/Coaching skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Sense of urgency.
• Time management skills
How to Apply
(Technical Resource Specialist)
39120 # 157 Argonaut Way, Fremont CA 94538
Phone : 408-317-9256 x 309
Fax : 408-273-6834
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
URL : www.ramyinfotech.com
2320 total views, 1 today