Full-Time Quality Assurance Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to be responsible for managing and leading Quality Insurance processes and systems to provide automated and manual verification of software and system solutions.
The QA Manager/Tester requires an individual ready to take on a very challenging role and have some ownership of the quality of the software being delivered. The successful candidate is an experienced, innovative, and hands-on manager who can coordinate simultaneous test efforts across multiple development teams as well as put in place policies and processes which drive the quality of our software. The ideal candidate will have experience managing teams in a small development environment as well as within more established companies, someone who can wear multiple hats and be strategic and tactical.
Candidates for this position must demonstrate knowledge of all phases of software development life cycle with an emphasis on validation and deployment phases. Candidates must have working knowledge of Quality Assurance best practices including but not limited to governance, test management and automation tools and industry standard quality measures.
Candidates must have excellent communication and collaboration skills and be able to work with peers in other organizations as well as software developers, release leads and other testers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ownership of the overall product quality
• Define QA strategy including automation, regression and performance
• Lead by example; this is a hands on role, and are expected to dive right in with the team doing hands-on black box and white box testing
• Create and maintain comprehensive test plans and test specifications
• Collaborate with the development team on test tool development, performance optimization, debugging and problem isolation
• Define and track QA metrics including code coverage, quality & performance
• Advocate for customer satisfaction, QA processes, and continuous improvement
• Document and implement QA standards, processes & methodology
• Build and establish a small but talented QA team
• Software testing of web applications, from presentation layer to functionality
• Ability to learn and implement automated testing strategies and testing tools (selenium, rspec, cucumber experience a plus!)
• Requirements analysis
• Strong attention to detail
• Enjoying your job and coming to work happy!
• Experienced in managing 4-6 QA Technical Leads/Testers
• Current Hands-on Testing Experience
• Superior leadership skills and ability to represent the QA department effectively across other cross-functional teams
• Experience with web technologies, PHP, JAVA, APACHE, OO Programming, SCRUM
• Strong Open-Source background and advocacy
• Past experience with testing automation and process implementation
• Strong skills and building, replicating, and restructuring environments for testing
• Experience with using VMs for testing
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and 3+ years working experience in QA with at least 1 years in a supervisory/lead position.
How to Apply
Please direct all correspondence to LBWHEELER@ESTAFFLLC.COM
Please send your most up to date resume.
1258 total views, 1 today