Full-Time Senior Manager, Infrastructure Services for Linux/UNIX Technology
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Senior Manager over the Linux/Unix technology will lead the Unix technology Teams, virtualization program and introduction of the Linux capabilities to the enterprise. The Senior Manager will oversee work tracks that include:
- Develop base Infrastructure for Linux technology inclusive of linux capabilities and unix/linux server virtualization as well as operational readiness for the entire technology stack.
- Application Readiness – oversight of application preparation, testing and deployment to new capabilities.
- Enterprise rollout (application conversions, including planning, execution and follow-up processes)
- Program Management (work planning, risk and issue management, communications, and status reporting)
This role includes providing technical leadership, program and project level management oversight in the planning, evaluation, design, development, implementation, operation, and control of large, complex Unix, Linux, and virtualization Technology solutions ranging from Infrastructure technologies that support server computing capabilities through applications that provide functionality to Allstate end users. The individual in this role is accountable for delivering a stable, scalable, and maintainable and high performance computing environment for Allstate. Scope of the effort includes the development, implementation, and maturing of the Linux and Unix server environments as well as integration to / collaboration with the existing solutions. This Senior Manager is accountable for technical engineering, operational readiness, budgetary control and business case, change readiness, vendor relations, and project planning.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing thought leadership in the strategic use of computing infrastructure at Allstate
- Providing leadership and program level oversight in the planning, evaluation, design, development, implementation, operation, and control of large, complex technology solutions
- Help to set the Client Computing and server virtualization vision for the organization, define projects and execute them to achieve that vision
- Create, design and lead the technical implementation and rollout efforts of the Linux program
- Create, design and lead the technical implementation and rollout efforts of the server virtualization program for linux and unix
- Ensuring communication and change management activities support a successful rollout to end users of server portfolio
- Ensure conformance to established system architecture, methods, regulations, standards and practices and participate in their creation. Also, participate in long range planning and ensure those plans are consistent with business objectives for resiliency, disaster tolerance, and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for creating effective UNIX/Linux designs from functional requirements in a large enterprise data center environment which includes Highly virtualized systems that operate in conjunction other platforms such as Storage and Networking
- Develop Operational processes to address enhancements to the capabilities and periodic maintenance disciplines.
- Design and lead a holistic approach to manage the UNIX/LINUX service capability while standardizing on single hardware and software solutions.
- Provide leadership to engineering staff in the development of capabilities and their support while adhering to architectural guidelines.
- Improve documentation, templates and processes.
- Analyze and problem solve complex technical issues with minimal supervision, and work within a team environment while communicating well to a diverse set of colleagues
5+ years of infrastructure technology experience; specifically Unix/Linux, should include accountability for all aspects of leading an organization including people processes, client/partner relationships, work processes and delivery of work products.
Required skills for the role include:
- Advanced experience with infrastructure design and function
- UNIX(Solaris), Linux (RHEL) experience. Storage experience a plus
- Experience with Standardized processes for capability development and lifecycle
- UNIX administration skills for a variety of UNIX/Linux Variants
- Strong desire for creativity and innovation; strong technical leadership abilities. Proven ability to maintain leading edge skills in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation), organizational and collaboration skills. Expert knowledge and development of diagrams and methodologies using Microsoft Visio and PowerPoint applications. Extensive project management skills and experience. Demonstrated ability to apply new technology concepts to a real working environment.
- Leadership skills including employee development, budget management, performance management
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants must submit their qualifications by applying via the corporate site – https://allstate.taleo.net/careersection/10200/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=UNI00316
5073 total views, 1 today