Full-Time Storage Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Wanted: Passionate IT Professionals
If you are looking for an opportunity that will allow you to develop yourself professionally, look no further. Allstate values innovative thinkers – passionate leaders who are eager to learn and grow.
Join our Storage team and research new storage technologies that are applicable to the Allstate infrastructure. Benchmark, evaluate and make recommendations for the selection of storage management software and hardware products. Install, configure, test, and document procedures for all storage related software and hardware. Monitor storage usage and assist with capacity management for all datacenters. Document procedures for all storage policies, procedures, and guidelines. Provide 3rd level support for all production storage and/or data protection issues including performance tuning as necessary.
Design/create storage solution. Create cost estimate for client. Translate requirements into storage and data protection tasks and documentation. Create change order for execution of tasks by storage administrators. Verify solution was executed to specification. Research and respond to inquiries regarding solution alternatives, execution or delivery. Effectively manage multiple requests simultaneously.
Capabilities and Lifecycle Storage Team:
- Designs, engineers and manages Allstate’s storage infrastructure, including SAN, NAS, data protection/backup; and fulfills the storage and data protection needs of internal clients and projects. Accountable for the certification and implementation of new hardware, software, and capabilities for storage technologies.
Scope of position includes:
- Storage platforms/resources: Wintel, UNIX/Solaris, HDS Storage, EMC Storage, 3Par Storage, Brocade SAN Switches, and NetApp NAS.
- Involves various internal businesses utilizing many diverse applications.
- High visibility interaction with Allstate business units’ technical representatives, infrastructure engineers and administrators, at all levels, to ensure that expectations are understood, documented and met.
Required Technical Qualifications:
- Experineced in VERITAS Storage Foundation, VxVM, VxDMP, STM, and/or other multipathing technologies
- Deep knowledge of SAN Administration including zoning, LUN security, and HBA configuration
- Broad understanding of SAN and NAS storage technologies and protocols.
- Experienced with storage infrastructure products such as EMC V-MAX, HDS VSP, Brocade Switch Product Line, NetApp FAS32xx and FAS62xx.
- Experienced in storage concepts and tools, such as fabric topologies, zoning, Dynamic Tiering, etc.
- Knowledge of Solaris (UNIX) and/or MS Windows Server
- Qlogic (Solaris/UNIX) and/or Emulex (Windows) HBA Configuration
Desired Technical Qualifications:
- UNIX – Solaris experience
- MS Windows Server
- Storage products applications and toolsets (HDS, EMC, NetApp)
- Virtualization technologies (VMWare)
- Excellent personal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage relationships with other infrastructure teams, application teams and client representatives
- Organizational skills with attention to task details, documentation and target dates
- Team orientated, willing to share knowledge and collaborate with peers.
MS Office – Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio
How to Apply
900 total views, 2 today