Full-Time Unix/Linux System Administrator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Linux/Unix System Administrator
Imagine having access to the resources to engineer your career in the image of your perfect job and actually have fun doing it. What if you worked for SENTAR? We are looking for people with big ideas and big dreams that want to grow them in a small business environment. If you are ready to jump in and get involved in building your future with us, we welcome you to explore the opportunities Sentar can offer.
Sentar is a Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) focused on providing solutions that push the frontier of network centric systems. Delivering technology and services supporting network centric systems–We supply Technology solutions, Software solutions, and Information Assurance solutions that empower our customers to leverage the future of their network centric system today.
***Must have an active Top Secret SCI w/Full Scope Polygraph clearance***
Position is located in Ft. Meade, Maryland
- Must have an active Top Secret SCI w/Full Scope Polygraph clearance
- Individual shall have experience in writing scripts (e.g., Shell and PERL) to automate administration functions and to parse files
- Individual shall possess the ability to work from a Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Individual shall be technically proficient at installing, configuring, and maintaining UNIX (both at a physical and virtual environment)
- Individual shall possess experience working with the Red Hat Linux or other UNIX systems
- Related degree in: Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Information Systems or experience in lieu of education
Individual shall have at least one (1) Unix certification
- Individual shall have completed a Customer Service Training course from either American Management Association, Train-up Seminars, Fred Pryor Seminars, or Impact Learning Systems within the past year or able to obtain within six (6) months of employment.
- Solid knowledge, skills and experience in the following areas: C/C++, IP networking, Netflow, Mysql, and Network Traffic analysis.
- Individual shall comply with the Certification Requirements detailed in DoD 8570-M, IAT Level 1-3 (CISA, CISSP, GSE, SCNA, Security+, SCNP, SSCP, A+, Network+, or Higher.)
Salary commensurate based on experience
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation. Sentar is an equal opportunity employer, and we consider all applicants equally without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status or any disability as provided in the American Disabilities Act.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our Careers page:
1180 total views, 1 today