Temporary UX (User Experience) Designer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Our client is a large progressive retail bank located in the Philadelphia area. They are looking for UX (User Experience) Usability Analysts, Designers and Architects for at least six months or more on a contract basis plan and conduct usability evaluations and other user research, utilizing a broad knowledge of user experience and user-centered design principles. Candidates need not come from a banking background.
If you’re looking for a career, something that challenges you to grow, something that pushes you to think smarter and invigorate your passion, well, we’d love to hear from you!
Please review the below requisition and if you feel you are qualified or interested, please respond with your most current resume, compensation requirements, citizenship status, availability to interview, and availability to start work.
Please let me know if you know someone who you think would fit this position even if you are not yourself interested or qualified – we do pay referral fees!
Position: 109-004 UX (User Experience) Usability Analyst
Duration: Six months or more
The User Experience (UX) Team is responsible for the overall user experience of the Firm’s web properties. The UX Usability Analyst II will plan and conduct usability evaluations and other user research, utilizing a broad knowledge of user experience and user-centered design principles. The UX Usability Analyst II will work closely with business partners, design, and development teams and external vendors. It is imperative that the UX Usability Analyst II help bring the user experience to the forefront of the of the development cycle and manage the life-cycle of user experience, not just through delivery, but also through measurement and continuous improvement.
- Work as a primary usability resource, supporting the user experience
- Responsible for usability test planning, execution and analysis
- Plan and conduct needs analyses, focus groups, competitive usability analyses, card sorts, cognitive walkthroughs and other UX research
- Report research findings and recommendations to business and executive teams
- Design collaboration with Design team on the design and development of prototypes, page designs, graphics and mockups to support research activities
- Partner with external usability and market research vendors
- Participate in the establishment and documentation of standards for the user experience, like the Firm’s Website Style Guide
- Help to build and maintain close, positive working relationships with all stakeholder groups and internal customers
- Build and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of business processes and technical systems
- Maintain knowledge of evolving UX design/usability principles and best practices
- 4+ years of relevant experience in creating and conducting user research studies and translating results into design decisions
- Proven experience generating research plans, defining and tracking user experience metrics; coordinating work on multiple products/releases
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute usability tests and other UX research; provide analysis and specific and prioritized recommendations
- Strong understanding of design research methodologies
- Strong understanding of user experience testing and analysis
- Proficiency with one or more graphics tools (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, etc.)
- Proficiency with one or more wireframe, prototyping tools (Axure, Visio, Dreamweaver, etc.)
- Proficiency with one or more usability evaluation tools
- Experience creating and maintaining relationships with business contacts
- Experience with prioritization of work
- Experience with agile methodologies a plus
Education and/or Certifications
B.A./B.S. in visual/interactive design, computer science, human-computer interaction, human factors, psychology or closely-related field; or equivalent work experience
How to Apply
To Apply email firstname.lastname@example.org reference 109-004
with a Word copy of your resume, desired hourly rate, citizenship status, and avaialability to interview.
3655 total views, 4 today