Full-Time Voice Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Allstate is a company that is transforming – and we need tech-savvy professionals who can help drive decisions. Are you up to the challenge?
The Voice Engineer is accountable for troubleshooting Allstate voice related services. The Voice engineers role will be primarily working with pursuits, potential and current incidents/problems and complicated system impact issues. Candidate must be able to support enterprise wide VoIP infrastructure and associated hardware & software, including IP-PBXs, legacy PBX systems, call management systems, Aura voicemail, soft-phones, automatic call distribution and interactive voice response systems.
As a Voice Engineer at Allstate you will have a high exposure to traditional voice, data and IP Telephony technologies, as well as knowledge and experience with a converged environment. You will need outstanding and consistent technical skills in the areas of VOIP, TCP/IP Internetworking, TDMoIP, and IP/PBX Trunking in Avaya environment.
You will also be accountable for supporting and delivering availability by supporting all incidents with the efforts of assessing risk, coordinating resolution with our engineering partners, and delivering assigned incidents/problems. You will also coordinate with Application/Technology Stewards on estimation and prioritization of work as needed, and cooperatively identify development plan tasks and action item creation. You will have three main roles:
1. To ensure maximum possible service availability and performance
2. To provision customer network services on core equipment
3. To provide support services for Engineering and other technical teams
These result in a highly diverse range of duties for the organization – our engineers are required to ensure they are fulfilled in a timely, co-operative and professional manner
1 to 5 years of experience in the following areas:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
- Expert knowledge of network switching and routing.
- Expert knowledge of VoIP (H.323 and SIP) and TDM (ISDN and RBS).
- Working knowledge of Avaya Gateways, Communication Managers, Session Managers, CMS, Aura Messaging platform, and CTI applications.
- Working knowledge of VXML-based IVR Systems.
- Act as a team member providing engineering experience in both critical situations and day-to-day operations.
- Have a high level of knowledge with all voice infrastructure components, how they interact as well as how they relate to other services and platforms provided by Allstate.
- Participate in design discussions with the architecture team and lead implementation of new voice products, solutions, and services supporting voice infrastructure at Allstate.
- Provide support and leadership for customer issues within the team and coordinate third party vendor interaction, includingNetworkOperationCenterpartners to ensure prompt and professional resolution. Analyze and resolve complex voice issues in day-to-day and critical situations down to root cause.
- Apply knowledge of call center operational dynamics as it relates to design and implementation of ACD (Automatic Call Distribution), CTI (Computer Telephony Integration), and Session Manager Routing utilizing industry solutions to solve call center related issues.
- Work with the voice engineering team to administer and maintain carrier VoIP platform across multiple vendor equipment including hardware and software upgrades. Plan, develop, coordinate and assist in completion of scheduled voice platform maintenance.
- Participate, as a key member of the Telecommunications team, in the design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and monitoring of core services required for VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) deployments including QOS (Quality of Service), COS (Class Of Service) VLAN’s (Virtual Local Area Network), SBC’s (Session Border Controller) and SIP (Session Initiated Protocol) Carrier Services.
- Design and Implement Avaya IP Telephony solutions by translating business requirements into project plans through implementation of Avaya IP Telephony applications including Avaya Communications Manager, Avaya Session Manager, Avaya Gateways, Avaya Voice Portal, Application Enablement Services andAvayaInteractionCenter.
- Prepare documentation and conducts training and user orientation for clients detailing configuration of proposed and deployed solutions.
- Develop requirements, engineer and manage all phases of a project including design, implementation and support, including extensive troubleshooting of the systems and management of junior support resources on a skills or shift basis.
- Ability to work in an “on call” implementation and support situations, as well as some nights and weekends.
- Review and approve major and significant changes for purposes of incident avoidance.
- Perform daily checks, monitor vendor support and perform required maintenance to keep the voice systems highly available, highly stable, and always performing optimally.
Liaising with internal and external customers
How to Apply
1255 total views, 7 today